|Fife Lake Township Elections Official
|231 879-3963 (Office) 231-313-3730 (C)
|Conducts Elections held within Township
|County Clerk, Township Board and Residents
|As required to conduct election
Special Office Hours Will be posted
The Clerks office hours vary so please call ahead as we are available upon request.
TO BE HELD AT THE FIFE LAKE TOWNSHIP HALL, 134 MORGAN STREET, FIFE LAKE, MI 49633
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all voting machines are inspected and certified as required by law.
- Comply with all timelines for conduct of the pending election relative to ballot language and printing, public notices for the pending election, securing adequate supplies to conduct the election, hiring election workers with township board approval of election workers appointments.
- Work closely with the County Clerk in coordination of all aspects of the election process.
- Follow all rules for conduct of the election within the precinct building.
- In the case of elections for officials for the board to certify they are qualified for the position and have secured adequate petition signatures to qualify for inclusion on the ballot.
- Secure all voted ballots and transport them to the County Clerk in a timely manner as prescribed by law for each election so they can be reviewed/certified by the Board of Canvassers.
Note: A recall election of an elected official is conducted under the County Clerk’s Office.
EARLY VOTING PRECINCT INSPECTOR TRAINING
Monday, January 29, 2024 – 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. – East Bay Township Hall, south conference room, 1965 N. Three Mile Rd., TC
Monday, January 29, 2024 – 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Paradise Township Hall, 2300 E. M-113, Kingsley
Wednesday, January 31, 2024 – 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. – Green Lake Township Fellowship Hall, 9700 Riley Rd., Interlochen
You must attend training to work in the early voting precinct, the early voting procedures are different from the election day procedures.