|JOB TITLE:||Fife Lake Township Elections Official|
|PHONE:||231 879-3963 (Office)|
|JOB FUNCTIONS:||Conducts Elections held within Township|
|REPORTS TO:||County Clerk, Township Board and Residents|
|OFFICE HOURS:||As required to conduct election.|
TO BE HELD AT THE FIFE LAKE TOWNSHIP HALL, 134 MORGAN STREET, FIFE LAKE, MI 49633
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all voting machines are inspected and certified as required by law.
- Comply with all timelines for conduct of the pending election relative to ballot language and printing, public notices for the pending election, securing adequate supplies to conduct the election, hiring election workers with township board approval of election workers appointments.
- Work closely with the County Clerk in coordination of all aspects of the election process.
- Follow all rules for conduct of the election within the precinct building.
- In the case of elections for officials for the board to certify they are qualified for the position and have secured adequate petition signatures to qualify for inclusion on the ballot.
- Secure all voted ballots and transport them to the County Clerk in a timely manner as prescribed by law for each election so they can be reviewed/certified by the Board of Canvassers.
Note: A recall election of an elected official is conducted under the County Clerk’s Office.